Sunday, November 4, 2012

Reader Digesting: What I Did for a Duke

I'm currently working my way through J.K. Rowling's behemoth latest The Casual Vacancy, but I'd like to chitter chatter about a different type of novel on the completely opposing end of the spectrum. I absolutely love my Kindle Touch 3G and its innumerable deals, especially the 99 cent offering of historical romance novel What I Did for a Duke by author Julie Anne Long. I hadn't ever paid much attention to novels dealing with love and relationships centuries before my time -- and may not have given the novel a second glance had it not been only 99 clams with a 4.5 star review on Amazon -- but Long created a story that transcends time. It's fun, funny and witty. The characters are enjoyable and if you get past the idea of thinking the story a "trashy read," it's very enjoyable and at times extremely clever.

Check more of Ms. Long's offerings on her website!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your marvelous mind murmurings here!