Tuesday, November 27, 2012

MCM is my JAM

I love purses. I can freely admit that they sit up there as the number one on my material list of hedonistic pursuits --- they're right beside good food that is bad for me and reading. As such, I am on a constant pursuit to find handbags and their makers that are distinct, luxurious, affordable (ahem, Maiyet), but not mainstream. As is the case with MCM, which used to be (as I have been heartily reminded), but isn't now and that's why I LOVE them. I'm not much for logo's --- outside of my lvoe for Louis Vuitton -- but MCM isn't just about repeating letters or symbols. They also have luscious leather bags. This is what has lead me to the line's First Lady bag (above) and the Boston M satchel (below). Each run about $900 depending on the website and conversions, etc. etc.

The luxury goods line was founded in 1976 and stands for Mode Creation Munich. Since then it has been spotted on celebs and royalty alike. Learn more about the beauty of the bags at MCM's brand story page.



***images courtesy of polyvore.com and mcmblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your marvelous mind murmurings here!