Sunday, October 21, 2012

Covet: Maiyet Small Como Satchel

It's been a while since I've waxed poetic about anything. I've been very busy being lazy and haven't returned to my one true love of pining for material items I can do without; however, thanks to a new brand (to me that is), I'm back in my temple of materialism. Maiyet has been branded (by me because I'm so important [insert irony]) as a brand with a conscience. From their website:

Paul van Zyl spent over 20 years working in human rights and transitional justice, first under Archbishop Desmond Tutu as the Executive Secretary of South Africa's Truth Commission and then as the Co-Founder of the International Center for Transitional Justice.  After winning the Skoll award for social entrepreneurship and attending the World Economic Forum at Davos, Paul met Daniel Lubetzky, a pioneer in using business to promote peace.  They decide to co-found a company that would use the power of the market to allocate capital to peace. Their hypothesis was that if they could source from and grow companies that had a stabilizing effect on their communities, they would be on their way.  Paul and Daniel believed that a fashion brand held the greatest opportunity, and the idea for what is now Maiyet was born.

Noble acts aside, I'm in lust for the Maiyet Small Como Satchel, which retails for $1549 out of my budget range at Barney's. The shape of the bag and the craftsmanship make this brand one of mine to covet and moon over on my increasingly long wishlist.

***image courtesy of google images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your marvelous mind murmurings here!